At Dental Wizards we pride ourselves on maintaining the highest standards in all aspects of care. We comply with all guidelines set out by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and General Dental Council (GDC). We operate best practice policies, auditing and regular ongoing staff training, meeting the GDC's Continual Professional Development (CPD) requirements for dental professionals and undertaking further training beyond these requirements.
All of our dental staff regularly attend national and international conferences to expand their knowledge and keep up to date with the latest developments.
Our practice uses the latest equipment and techniques to provide the very best standards of care for every patient, at every appointment. We use stringent infection control procedures because your safety is our primary concern.
We know that people have busy, hectic lifestyles, so we will do everything possible to ensure that appointments run on time. To help us do this, please arrive in good time for your appointment, and should you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please give us 48 hours notice, so that your appointment slot can be offered to another patient. Failure to do this may lead to you being charged for missed appointments or late cancellations. We appreciate your recommendation of us to your friends and family members.
All of our patients will be treated with care and respect at all times; we will not tolerate discrimination towards patients or staff on the grounds of gender, race, sexuality, age, disability or on any other grounds.
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint, please raise it immediately with a member of staff who can guide you through our complaints procedure.
- Our practice aims to provide dental care of a consistent quality, for all patients. We have management systems to help us and define each practice member's responsibilities when looking after you.
- In proposing treatment we will take account of your own wishes. We will explain various options, where appropriate, and costs, so that you can make an informed choice. We will always explain what we are doing.
- We will do all we can to look after your general health. We will ask you about your general health, and about any medication being taken. This helps us to treat you safely. We keep all information about you confidential.
Infection control is also paramount to the safety of our patients. Every practice member receives training in practice systems for infection control.
- We screen all patients for mouth cancer at routine check-up appointments. We ask patients about tobacco and alcohol use because they are associated with oral cancer.
- Practice working methods are reviewed regularly at meetings with all staff. We encourage all staff to make suggestions for improving the care we give patients.
We regularly ask patients for their views on our services. We have systems for dealing efficiently with patient complaints and for ensuring that lessons are learnt from any mistakes that we make.
- All dentists in the practice take part in continuing professional education, meeting the General Dental Council's requirements. We aim to keep up-to-date with current thinking on all aspects of general dentistry, including prevention, which reduces your need for treatment.
All staff joining the practice are given a thorough training in practice-wide procedures. Once a year, there is an individual review of training needs for everyone in the practice.
All dentists and all staff at Dental Wizards work in the patient's best interest.