Your First Appointment
At Dental Wizards we treat all patients for general, cosmetic and advanced dentistry and look forward to welcoming you to the practice. Your first point of contact will be a member of our friendly reception team. When you come in for your first appointment, we will ask you to complete a medical history form. Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time so that you are able to complete this form.
Out initial examination and assessment will cover the following -
- We will ask you about your awareness of your dental health and about any concerns relating your dental health
- If you have any medical conditions, or are you taking any medicines, which are likely to impact on your dental health
- Is the appearance of your smile how you want it to be? Are you happy with it?
- Thorough examination of the current state of your teeth, gums and soft tissues in your mouth. This will also include assessing your current fillings, crowns and dentures
- Check for signs of bone loss and 'gum disease'. An assessment is also made on the level of plaque in the mouth and level of cleaning
- A visual mouth cancer check. This includes examination of the inside of your mouth (including tongue, cheeks, lips, floor and roof of mouth)
- Assess any signs of tooth wear/grinding or clenching and also health of your jaw joints.
- If needed, use x-ray images to assess under restored teeth as well as bone levels
Should we find that you need treatment of any kind, we will discuss this with you and draw up a treatment plan explaining all the options available to you, including estimated costs. This will enable you to make an informed decision about any treatment you require.